Search This Blog

September 19, 2010

Best Diaper Bag Ever!!!!

Here is my diaper bag.  I love my diaper bag.  It's made of recycled materials.  I didn't know this when I bought it, but I love that it is.  It is made by sherpani and I bought it for like $69 at The Natural Baby Company.  It is perfect for the cloth diapering parent for the following reasons:

  1.) It has a REALLY wide opening!  It, therefore, holds a gazillion cloth diapers.  I have not counted how many, but I take this bag to Sagan's Mimi's house with enough shells and soakers for the whole day when I am at work (9 hours).  It will also hold all her supplies for the day!  (see future post for what I keep inside her CD bag on a daily basis)


2.) It has generously sized "stuff" pockets on both of the outside corners.  These are stretchy so it will hold a camera (point and shoot type or smaller), a water bottle (even holds my pint jars of herbal infusions when I think to bring it along), or bubbles (which is currently in there).  You could put just about anything in there, including bottles for baby.  I love the "stuff" pockets because I love to have too much stuff with me and have it organized and easy to get to.

3.) Back slim pocket for other easy to reach items such as empty wet bag or anything else you need to get to easily.  It has a Velcro closure on this pocket. 

4.) The front flap has a zipper entry at the top for grabbing things while you are wearing the bag on your shoulder and a cell phone zipper pocket.  I use this pocket for cell or lip balm or other small things.  The flap comes all the way down the front of the bag to decrease the chances of things falling out.  It has a snap closure with male and female parts for extra security (no Velcro or zipper noises that might wake up baby!)

5.) Under the flap is another slim pocket that has a coordinating change pad and yet another zipper pocket.  I LOVE, love, love, all the storage potential for this bag!

6.) The best part of all: the inside storage!  There are three cushioned and lined pockets on the back "wall" of the bag, two insulated and lined pockets on either side, and a "wet" zippered pocket on the front "wall" of the bag, and nothing but open space in between.  There is a crazy zipper on the bottom that offers access through the bottom of the bag but I have never used this, nor do I know why you would need to (comment if you can help me with this one, I want to utilize all possible features here). 

The whole bag is made of recycled materials that are extremely easy to wipe clean, so spills are not a fear anymore.

I recommend this bag to any mama, but especially those that put their babies in cloth.  It has so much room and organization I feel it is my must have bag.  It is stylish and can be used for other purposes when baby is not a baby anymore!

No comments: